Veterinary Compounding – Domestic/Exotic
Compounding Corner Pharmacy offers compounded medications for a variety of veterinary conditions. This is not a teaching pharmacy – There are no pharmacy students, shadowing students, or interns allowed.
How do you know it’s really in there? The FDA allows manufacturers a +/- 20% error (There are several narrow therapeutic index exceptions). USP allows compounding pharmacies a +/- 10% error. We’ll let our potency testing speak for itself:
|Potassium Bromide Cap||400mg||404mg||101%|
USP <795> states: “…compound preparations are to be prepared to ensure that each preparation shall contain not less than 90% and not more than 110% of the theoretically calculated and labeled quantity of an active ingredient…”. Potency determinations follow USP <621> HPLC, USP <851> Spectophotometry, and specific monograph testing procedures.
Compounding Corner Pharmacy is accredited by PCAB which is endorsed by:
- The American Veterinary Medical Association
- The American Animal Hospital Association
- The American Medical Association
- The United States Pharmacopeia
- The National Association of Boards of Pharmacy
- The International Academy of Compounding Pharmacies
- The American Pharmacists Association
- The American College of Apothecaries
- The National Community Pharmacists Association
- The National Alliance of State Pharmacy Associations
- The National Home Infusion Association
Note: We will not compound any medications that are precluded from pharmacy compounding in accordance with 21 C.F.R. § 216.
The Pharmacy Compounding Accreditation Board (PCAB) accreditation is the highest attainable accreditation in compounding pharmacy. Make no mistake, they are the highest standards in the nation and the most difficult to achieve. Compounding Corner Pharmacy, Inc. is a FOUR-time PCAB-Accredited pharmacy for sterile and non-sterile compounded medications.
United States Pharmacopeia (USP) <795> and <797> are the actual standards that compounding pharmacies are held to. PCAB is endorsed by USP, the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) and more than a dozen other professional organizations.